The wait for Opening Day is making us all punchy. For a comedic break, enjoy this Top 10 List from the Chicago Cubs training camp.
It seems like we can’t wait for spring training to get here. And then we can’t wait for it to be over while we’re ready for the season to start. There are only so many names you can see and say “Who’s he”? You should probably get to know most of them, but we understand.
At this point, players and fans are tired of exhibition games. We just finally want the season to start next Thursday, March 29. Until then, here’s a tongue-in-cheek recap of the 10 most important things we learned this spring about the Cubs.
More from Cubbies Crib
- Cubs should keep close eye on non-tender candidate Cody Bellinger
- Cubs starting pitching has been thriving on the North Side
- Make no mistake: the Cubs are very much about power hitters
- Cubs are giving pitcher Javier Assad a deserved shot
- Cubs: It’s time to start thinking about potential September call-ups
Every player profiled came to spring training in the best shape of his career. Even Clark the Mascot reported in fighting shape. Or was that Jed Hoyer?
avoided any vulgarities around young fans. Proving what is said at the Cubs Convention
, stays at the Kids Only Press Conference.
And there you have it. A little something to brighten your day while we wait for Opening Day. Just remember, what good is it if you can’t laugh at yourself?