Chicago Cubs Minors: Checking in with talent down on the farm
1 of 8
The Chicago Cubs still have a bevy of talent in the farm system. Several of these young prospects are off to a hot start to open the 2017 campaign.
Every fan and front office executive knows the key to a successful franchise is building a solid farm system. Over the last five years, the Chicago Cubs have constructed a great core of young players.
More from Cubbies Crib
- Cubs: Adrian Sampson is forcing his way into the conversation
- Projecting the Chicago Cubs bullpen to open the 2023 season
- Cubs fans are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel
- Justin Steele has evolved into a frontline starter for the Cubs
- The future of first base is murky right now for the Cubs
With Kris Bryant, Kyle Schwarber and Willson Contreras no longer considered prospects, it is time for a new wave of Cubs prospects to make their impact on the club.
Names like Ian Happ and Eloy Jimenez highlight the future of Cubs baseball.
With April coming to an end, we can start analyzing how some of the Cubs top prospects are performing at various levels throughout the farm system.
Here is how some of the Cubs’ top talent is faring so far in 2017.