Chicago Cubs Losing Streak Top 10
The Chicago Cubs lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday night to push the team’s losing streak to 10 consecutive games. Cubs’ manager Dale Sveum said that the team hit a new low after being swept by the Chicago White Sox last weekend at Wrigley Field. If that is the case, then each day is a new low for the Cubs.
There have been many to speculate on why the Cubs, who a little over week ago were trending towards contention, have failed to win a single ball game in their last 10 tries. The popular reason is that the team is simply bad. Everyone who is anyone knew that the Chicago Cubs were going to be bad this season. But losing 10 games in a row, especially when playing teams such as the Houston Astros, is a new kind of bad
But, this is not the time to be depressed over the Cubs miscues on the field. As has been noted plenty of times before this season, the Cubs were expected to be bad this season. For that reason rather than trying to analyze why the Cubs have lost 10 consecutive games, we will celebrate the Cubs’ losing streak.
In true David Letterman fashion, we will celebrate the Cubs losing streak by finding the top 10 reasons why the Cubs are on this streak.
Without further adieu, here are the top ten reasons why the Cubs have been the victims of a ten game losing streak.
10) In a sign of loyalty to former general manager Jim Hendry, who was most known for his loyalty to his players, the Cubs’ veterans have decided to revolt against the new regime led by Cubs president Theo Epstein by setting out to be the worst Cubs’ team in the history of the organization.
9) The new group of players that Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer assembled love being with each other so much that they decided that as a team, each player would try to collectively lower their trade value.
8 ) The Cubs are missing a player like Carlos Zambrano to admit when “We Stinks”.
7) The Chicago Cubs players miss former manager Mike Quade, whose nicknames for the players created a father-son relationship between he and his respective players.
6) One of the phases of Theo Epstein’s rebuilding philosophy is that the team must forget how to win before they win on a consistent basis.
5) Boston Red Sox president Larry Lucchino inserted a virus in the “carmine 2.0” computer system that the Cubs are building in order to get the final laugh on Theo Epstein.
4) There is no chicken and beer in the Cubs clubhouse prior to games.
3) Each player on the Iowa Cubs roster are sending a portion of their salary to the Major League players to persuade them to perform poorly to create new opportunities for the players currently with the I-Cubs.
2) The “MLB: The Show” commercial that portrayed the Chicago Cubs ending their 103 year streak without a World Series title created yet another false curse for the Cubs’ organization.
1) Chicago Cubs’ chairman Tom Ricketts has convinced the team to not win a single game as that would allow him to declare a state of emergency in an effort to secure funding for Wrigley Field’s renovation project.