News over the past few days involving the Cubs have been few and far between, so, it is perfect time to take a look at some of the stories on Chicago Cubs Blogs over the internet.
- Chicago Cubs Online has good read on Cubs radio broadcaster Ron Santo, who recently announced that he would be cutting back on travel for the Cubs road games. The plan going into next year is for Santo to only travel with the team when they are playing a Midwest team. Santo’s battle with diabetes has been well documented among Cubs fans. But, as much as we all love Ron Santo, I think it is time the Cubs look to move on past the Ron Santo era. No offense to Ron, but he really does not offer much baseball insight to the Cubs, and has to depend on Pat Hughes to get him through the game.
- Chi-Town Cubbies thinks the Cubs should re-sign first baseman Derrek Lee to a two year contract, with an option for a third year. With Lee already being 35, It doesn’t make much sense for the Cubs to lock Lee up for the next three years. Lee is still hitting .230 on the season, and has yet to show any signs of coming out of his early slump. However, I would not be against the Cubs giving Lee a one year extension.
- Bleacher Nation takes a look at two Cubs prospects in Outfielder Brett Jackson, and infielder Hak-Ju Lee who have been selected to participate in the MLB Future’s game. Brett Jackson is considered to be the future center fielder for the Cubs. As for Lee, the Cubs are expected to shift Castro to second base and play Lee at short when he is ready. Starlin Castro, and Geovany Soto were Cubs players that took part in the MLB futures game.
- Despio takes a look at “Why the Cubs Suck”. They analyze player by player on why the Cubs have struggled this season. Personally, the Cubs struggles have been due in large part because of the struggles of Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez.
- Everything Cubs gives a number breakdown of why the Chicago Cubs are one of the worst fundamental teams in the league. Among the reasons are the Cubs have the 4th most errors in the league, the Cubs have 30 steals but 14 of them are by Ryan Theriot.
Putting the Cubs to the side for a minute, What a GREAT Sports day today has been…