Do you think you can run the Chicago Cubs in a more productive way than Tom Ricketts, Jed Hoyer, and David Ross? Do you remember when Twitch played Pokemon? If the answer to either of those questions was yes (or even if it wasn’t) this is going to be a fun new weekly edition to Cubbies Crib.
Out of the Park Baseball 24 is a PC game that offers the most realistic simulation baseball experience on the market. That is going to be the medium through which we will control our alternate-universe Chicago Cubs team and lead them to the playoffs and hopefully beyond.
The original plan was to start at the beginning of the season but we received feedback that fans would rather start with where we are right now, so that’s what we’re doing. This week the questions center primarily around:
- How do we handle the rotation with the Justin Steele injury, Jameson Taillon’s general lack of effectiveness this season, and the pitching depth the Cubs have with Hayden Wesneski, Caleb Kilian and newly minted Top-100 prospect Ben Brown.
- Now that Miguel Amaya has been called back up, how often should he be on the field?
- We’re less than five games out of first place, but not far out of last place either. Should we be buyers or sellers right now?
- There are a ton of trade partners out there, which teams should we prioritize a deal with?
- How do we handle Matt Mervis this week considering the slew of lefties the Cubs will face on the mound?
- Finally, there are some truly interesting names available in the Free Agent market. Should our Cubs take a major risk of clubhouse chemistry and go for a big splash?
Here’s the link to this week’s batch of questions, let’s do this!
June 5th - June 11th (Padres, Angels, Giants)
June 12th - June 18th (Pirates, Orioles)
June 19th - June 25th (Pirates, Cardinals)
June 26th - July 2nd (Phillies, Guardians)
July 3rd - July 9th (Brewers, Yankees)
July 10th - July 16th (All-Star Break, Red Sox)
July 17th - July 24th (Nationals, Cardinals)
July 25th - July 30th (White Sox, Cardinals)
July 31st - August 6th (Reds, Braves)
August 7th - August 13th (Mets, Blue Jays)
August 15th - August 20th (White Sox, Royals)
August 21st - August 27th (Tigers, Pirates)
August 28th - September 3rd (Brewers, Reds)
September 4th - September 10th (Giants, Diamondbacks)
September 11th - September 17th (Rockies, Diamondbacks)
September 19th - September 24th (Pirates, Rockies)