Chicago Cubs: Cubs meet Los Angeles Dodgers for NLCS rematch
2 of 5
What we know
It was another banner year for Clayton Kershaw (18-4, 2.31 ERA), who will get the ball for the Dodgers. Kershaw faced the Cubs once, and that was at Dodger Stadium back on May 28 against Jon Lester.
More from Chicago Cubs News
- Cubs: Adrian Sampson is forcing his way into the conversation
- Projecting the Chicago Cubs bullpen to open the 2023 season
- Cubs fans are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel
- Justin Steele has evolved into a frontline starter for the Cubs
- The future of first base is murky right now for the Cubs
Kershaw is 1-0 in the postseason thus far. The Dodgers made quick work of the Arizona Diamondbacks in a three-game sweep. Kershaw won Game 1, allowing four runs, all solo home runs.
While Kershaw is no stranger to making history, he was on the wrong side of it last time on the mound. Against Arizona in Game 1 of the NLDS, he became the ninth pitcher in history, and first Dodger to yield four home runs in a playoff game. It was the first occurrence against an NL team.