Today marks the 13th anniversary of the deadly September 11 terrorist attacks that left nearly 3,000 dead. When we look back on the day that changed America forever, baseball fans can remember what it was like watching the city of New York rally around the Yankees and seeing the nation slowly attempt to regain a sense of normalcy.
More from Chicago Cubs News
- Cubs need to walk the walk this winter after talking the talk
- Alec Mills shocked Cubs fans, baseball world with 2020 no-hitter
- Cubs: After season of adjustments, Seiya Suzuki primed for monster 2023
- Projecting the 2023 Cubs Opening Day lineup
- Cubs: 2022 season a ‘success,’ according to Tom Ricketts
For today’s Morning Marquee, we will share just one link – dedicated to the initial aftermath of the attacks and how Major League Baseball and its teams – including the Chicago Cubs – responded to them.
Today, we remember the fallen and their families.
“Remembering September 11” – MLB.com