With a win on Sunday, the Chicago Cubs completed a three-game sweep of the American League East-leading Baltimore Orioles, something that had not been done since mid-May. The sweep could end up having postseason implications due to the fact that while Baltimore has dropped three straight, the second-place New York Yankees have reeled off four straight wins, closing the deficit in the division to six games.
More from Chicago Cubs News
- Cubs need to walk the walk this winter after talking the talk
- Alec Mills shocked Cubs fans, baseball world with 2020 no-hitter
- Cubs: After season of adjustments, Seiya Suzuki primed for monster 2023
- Projecting the 2023 Cubs Opening Day lineup
- Cubs: 2022 season a ‘success,’ according to Tom Ricketts
In other action Sunday, the New York Mets turned a triple play against the Los Angeles Dodgers, reigning AL Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer earned his 15th win of the season as he approaches a major payday this offseason via free agency, and in a West Coast battle, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim topped the Oakland Athletics to retake the division lead.
Heres’ more from around the league:
“Wada flirts with no-no as Cubs complete sweep” – Cubbies Crib
“Kazmir implodes on mound vs. Angels” – Swingin’ A’s
“Tigers thump Twins to salvage series split” – Motor City Bengals
“Hanley Ramirez reinstated from DL” – ESPN Los Angeles