The Southern League revealed its roster for the North Division All-Stars, and as expected the league’s top hitter will be present. Kris Bryant joins five of his teammates for the Southern League All-Star game on July 17th at AT&T Field in Chattanooga.
Bryant, who currently leads the league in all three Triple Crown Categories (.351, 18 HR, 49 RBI), will be joined by pitchers Corey Black (2-4, 3.44) and Armando Rivero (1-0, 1.86, 9 SV), catcher Rafael Lopez (.297, 4 HR, 24 RBI), second baseman Stephen Bruno (.288, 3 HR, 21 RBI), and outfielder John Andreoli (.230, 26 SB/2 CS).
More from Chicago Cubs News
- Cubs need to walk the walk this winter after talking the talk
- Alec Mills shocked Cubs fans, baseball world with 2020 no-hitter
- Cubs: After season of adjustments, Seiya Suzuki primed for monster 2023
- Projecting the 2023 Cubs Opening Day lineup
- Cubs: 2022 season a ‘success,’ according to Tom Ricketts
The Hunstsville Stars will send eight after clinching the first-half championship over the Smokies. The Smokies have dropped eight in a row, which allowed the Stars to clinch even after a 9-4 defeat.
The South Division team will be announced on Wednesday.